CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION - New Printer
Getting Started with Refillable Cartridges:
- Remove the clear plug, located under the Do Not Remove label.
- Remove cleaning/storage solution by gently shaking the cart upside down into a trashcan or sink, if applicable. If cart is empty, proceed to Step #3.
- Fill the cartridge to around 95% full (leave a small space at the top).
- Remove the colored plug from the front edge of the cart, and place it in the hole used to fill the ink.
- Discard the clear plug; Leave the front edge hole open to allow the cartridge to breathe during the printing process.
- Install each cartridge into the correct slot in order from left to right. Watch the status screen after each cart is installed, ensuring that the red “X” disappears after engagement.
- Click Proceed to initialize the printer. If you receive a warning that the ink is not genuine OEM ink, click Proceed, or Continue.
|Cartridge||Reveal Ink Used to Fill Cartridge|
*The chips will reset each time when removed, so be sure to add ink back to the “full” level before reinserting into the printer.
*If you print every single day, you will want to check the ink levels once a week. If you print less frequently, you can get away with checking every two to three weeks.
*DO NOT RELY ON THE INK LEVELS DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN!